Expectations and Goals
Students will become proficient in performing basic to complex cyber investigations. They will leave with a clear understanding of the investigative process and how to use digital tools to perform research.
Training Essentials (100 Class)
- We recommend users of our tools to have a basics in investigation workflow while also understanding where a tool start and stops and investigative craft is required.
- Training Essentials class covers the specific tool you are utilizing (SocialNet, MalNet, Spotter, AliasDB or OIMonitor).
- Training Essentials
Training Zero Profile Attribution (200 Class):
- Key Principles
- Dossier Building
- Investigative principles and fundamentals
- Link analysis and OSINT
- Timeline Analysis
- Targeting, verification & risks
- Developing real-world targets
- How and when to document
- Where to find clues
- Tips and best practices
- Artifact Practicals
- Advanced Scenarios – Hunting Fraudsters to Spy Masters
Who Should Take This Course (200)
This course is designed to be beneficial for any professionals charged with performing cyber investigations. This includes individuals at any level in cyber security, information security, intelligence analysis, corporate security or physical security. We have special expertise in training Law Enforcement through our relationship with DeliverFund.
Training Interactive Cyber Competition | CTF (300 Class):
- 2 Day class covering interactive capture the flag scenarios.
- Challenging OSINT and logical analytical skills.
- Pass or Fail.
- Students in 300 will be expected to work as a team or as an individual.
Who Should Take This Course (300)
This course is designed to be beneficial for any professionals charged with performing cyber investigations who has passed 200 level courses and wants to be the leader or wants to be challenged.
Get Started With Training Classes
ShadowDragon Essentials (100) - 1-Day Training for New Users of our tools. Basics in investigation workflow while also understanding where a tool usuage start and stops and investigative craft is required. Student or Classes can be booked.
ShadowDragon Zero-Profile Attribution (200) - 2-Day Training for Cyber Analyst. Deeper into the craft of investigation with deeper scenarios.
You Will Need
- Laptop with wireless access, 8 GB
- Essentials Training Class covering SocialNet with Kaseware or SocialNet with Maltego
- Maltego Clasic – Commercial Edition (Some users will use Maltego if they prefer or Kaseware)
- Or Laptop with Chrome Installed
We Will Provide
- Training licenses for use in class: SocialNet, OIMonitor, MalNet
- Training box
- USB Drive with copy of the course pages
- Training Certificate
Upcoming Training Options
We will be holding multiple training courses in the fall of 2018. Locations and times will be announced soon. Sign up below to be contacted when information is announced.
In addition you can schedule a customized training package for your group or corporate team by emailing us.